1. Take up first the subject you most dislike; once you have done this rest of your work will be easy.
2. Do not hesitate to ask your teacher or your clever companions things you do not grasp.
clearly. Never leave difficulties unanswered as this will put you into greater difficulty later.
3. To make sure that you have understood something thoroughly use these "tricks":
a) Pretend that you are explaining the lesson to another; see if you can do it well.
b) Make yourself your own teacher and question yourself and answer honestly (don't cheat!)
4. Do not continue working when you are tired; walk round the garden or talk to a friend or have some other pleasant interruption, but only long enough to refresh you to finish lessons and not lent to waste of time.
5. Get enough exercise everyday. It keeps the mind fresh.
6. Do not cut down necessary sleep in order to study; it will hurt you later on.
7. Lastly, pray often to the All-wise and All-knowing God to help you make progress in your studies.